Until then, see if you can answer these trivia questions:
1. When and where was the first public library established on the North American Continent?
2. As of the year 2000, what was considered the most valuable (monitarily) book in the world?
3. Before settling on the moniker "Tiny Tim", what other names did Charles Dickens consider for his sickly character in "A Christmas Carol"?
4. What was "Dr. Suess" full name? Do you know what year he wrote his first book?
5. A.A. Milne's son was the inspiration for the Christopher Robin of the Winnie the Pooh books. What was his name and how did his parents decide on it?
6. Murasaki Shikibu wrote the world's first Novel. In what year was it written?
7. Harriet Wilson was the first African American to have a novel published in the United States. She wrote it in 1859. What was the title? (I might get in trouble if I publish it here. ;-)
8. German Johann Gutenberg invented the moveable type in 1440 and printed his first book, the Latin Bible, in what year?
9. The first book printed in English was in the year ______ ?
10. What is the historical significance of the books Freeman's Oath and An Almanack, published in Cambridge, Massachusetts?
Find the answers here. ANSWERS and more.